Ms. Melody M. Green
posted on 2/10/20
Dear Stafford family,
As we celebrate all that the Lord has done through your Dad, Grand Dad, Brother, Professor, Counselor, Intercessor, and Bible Teacher, Rev. Dr. Ken Stafford, over the years of his life, here are just a few thoughts from one of his and your Pneuma Bible Institute students and friends:
Rev. Dr. Ken will be remembered
• Pneuma Bible Institute Founder and Dean
• former CBN Director of Biblical Counseling
• an anointed Biblical Counselor
• Founder, President and Director of Bearers of Light Ministries
• Bible College Professor; meticulously thorough in his class presentations
• a man of God with a friendly, extroverted personality, who repeatedly set and broke the Guinness Book of World records for the longest departure times, every time he tried to exit a building anywhere; always asking questions and listening to the stories of others before departing two or more hours later.
• a devoted husband of Doreen. Together, they lived out their faith through Bearers of Life Ministries including Biblical counseling ministry, church operation and administration, Pneuma Bible Institute, and providing “umbrella” coverage for and facilitating the work of missionaries.
• an even tempered man of God with an amusing and wacky sense of humor evident in ministry, at church, and even at the hospital during any medical procedure, frequently joking with doctors and nurses.
• a good financial steward of all that the Lord entrusted to him.
• generous in devoting his time according to God’s divine priorities: 1. God, 2. his wife, Doreen 3. his family, 4. ministry and 5. others.
• the lifelong husband of Doreen, who, despite his evident emotional pain of grieving her passing in November 2019, personally welcomed and thanked everyone who attended her memorial chapel service to honor her. We were there to honor Doreen and be supportive of him, yet he was thanking and encouraging us.
As a reflection of his character, what message would Rev. Dr. Ken leave for each of you and also those of us who are a part of his and Doreen’s spiritual family-in-Christ through Pneuma Bible Institute?
The Aaronic Blessing:
““ ‘ “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” ’”
Numbers 6:24-26 NIV
With a grateful heart,
Ms. Melody M. Green
Your entire staff was so caring and I will forever be grateful for what you have done for my family.
Altmeyer Funeral Home has been considered a friend and partner to Beth Sholom Village. The Altmeyer staff demonstrates professionalism and compassion during difficult times with the family members of our residents.
4124 Ironbound Road Williamsburg, VA 23188
929 South Battlefield Blvd. Chesapeake, VA 23322
12893 Jefferson Avenue Newport News, VA 23608
1801 Baltic Avenue Virginia Beach, VA 23451
7415 River Road Newport News, VA 23607
5033 Rouse Drive Virginia Beach, VA 23462
© 2021 MKJ Marketing
A Session ID is required to purchase jewelry with your loved one's fingerprint, click here to continue. If you do not have an ID, click here to contact us to get your Session ID.